World Food Day 16th October and Eradication of Poverty Day 17th October 2021
October 15, 2021
Created by Michelle and Airah
See what you can do in the following presentation:
Become a Concern Hunger Hero Today
- Poverty means not having enough money for basic needs such as food, drinking water, shelter, or toiletries.
- The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have pushed between 143 and 163 million people into poverty in 2021.
- People of all backgrounds, beliefs and social origins come together every year on October 17 to renew their commitment and show their solidarity with the poor.
- Honour the victims of extreme poverty, violence and hunger.
- The world has made huge strides in overcoming global poverty. Since 1990, more than 1.2 billion people have risen out of extreme poverty. Now, 9.2% of the world survives on less than $1.90 a day, compared to nearly 36% in 1990.