Learning at Home: Information and Resources for Students and Parents
In order to support learning at home we have compiled the following information and resources which may be useful to parents and students.
Email, OneNote and Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Office 365 is the platform that students in Coolmine CS have access to. It includes Outlook (email), Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams. Teachers may use OneNote to provide work for students and some are currently working on developing Microsoft Teams to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with students. Please see guidance for parents here
- Your son/daughter has been given their username and password in school. They can login in at http://www.office.com If they have forgotten their passwords or have any difficulties accessing Office 365 please email email@example.com
Books and e-books
- Please note that all students were given the opportunity to take books and copies home with them from their lockers
- To download an e-version of a book, look for the code (usually on the inside cover of the book) and follow the instructions for download.
- Educate.ie have given free access to their e-books and resources. To gain access visit the website and click on the books or resources that you require: Educateplus.ie/homestudy-secondary
- CJ Fallon have given free access to their e-books online. You can access them by following these instructions: visit http://my.cjfallon.ie, click ‘Student Resources’, then filter to the title you require, making sure ‘Online Book’ is selected under ‘Resources’.
- Folens have given free access to their e-books online. Please follow these instructions to gain access:
– Go to FolensOnline.ie and click register
– Select Teacher
– Fill in a username, email and password
– For Roll Number use the code: Sec20
- EdCo have now given free access to their e-books and the revise wise series of revision books. Please follow the details in the images below to gain access.