Mental Health Week 2015 (Monday 2nd to Friday 6th March)
In March, Coolmine ran it’s now annual Mental Health week. The week began on a positive note, when members of the Student Council/Amber Flag group stuck a positive message onto every one of the 1,100 lockers in the school. These greeted the students on their arrival on Monday morning. A wide range of activities took place throughout the week such as:
- Members of the student council delivered a “Thought for the Day” over the PA system.
- The student council were also involved in manning a Mental Health Information Stand during the week.
- ‘What Makes You Smile’ Competition was organised. All work was displayed in the Canteen with prizes presented to the winning entry.
- ‘Happy Moments’ were created.
- ‘Random Rolos’ – staff and/or students deserving a treat or an acknowledgement for something that they had done were nominated. The person who received the nomination did not know who nominated them but they were told the reason for the nomination.
- First Year Fun Run in aid of Aware took place on the school grounds.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) talk with senior students.