Healthy Living Week 2015 (19th – 23rd January 2015)
The New Year brings new resolutions, and part of our planning in 2015 was to look at ways to become a healthier community. With this in mind, we hope to promote Healthy Living Awareness from the 19th to 23rd January. We trust that as students become more aware they will be equipped to make more long term choices that will improve the quality of their lives.
- Each day of the week starting Monday 19th January a nutritional focus and lifestyle change will be announced and discussed in caomhnoir classes.
- Healthy Living Week 2015 Factsheet will be discussed with students.
- Free fresh fruit will be available to all students at little break.
- Various talks such as diabetes awareness, osteoporosis information session and nutritional information sessions will take place throughout the week.
- A fitness class is being offered to all students, regardless of their level of fitness. Classes are free of charge and may improve the physical and mental health of the participants.
- There will be a range of posters on display demonstrating the importance of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
- A range of healthy foodstuffs will be available in the Canteen and in the vending machines.
- Water is available in the two new fountains installed in the school last term.
- All fizzy drinks, sports drinks and high energy drinks will be banned in the school and will not be available in the canteen or in the vending machines.
- The Healthy Lunchbox Competition
- The Healthy Poster Competition
- PowerPoint from Healthy Living Awareness 2015
Take part and enter some of our Healthy Living Awareness competitions. Great prizes to be won! Ms. Dalton & Ms. Smith can be contacted for further information.
The following will also be added as links to the article: