Healthy Living Week at Coolmine
The Home Economics Department ran a Healthy Living Week from 14th – 18th January. The event was sponsored by Total Produce (Europe’s premier fresh produce provider) who arranged fresh fruit for staff and students every day.
Events organised included:
- Health & nutrition workshop facilitated by Paula Mee
- Demonstration of exotic fruits with a goodie bag containing smoothie pack and a food diary.
- Healthy lunchbox competiton with prizes donated by Manhattan Popcorn.
- Healthy living poster competition
- Step aerobics lunchtime talk on obesty by Dr. Séamus Sreenan of Connolly Hospital
- Workshop on osteoporosis by Michelle O’ Brien of the Irish Osteoporosis Society
- A session on eating disorders with Fiona Flynn of BodyWhys
- Doc Morris Pharmacy set up a stand of personal hygiene product.
The week was a great success it is hoped that all students are more aware of the importance of healthy living now.