Looking for a challenge
November 11, 2012
Why not consider the following:
- 40 Years of Ireland’s EU Membership (Photography competition for CSPE students). 2013 marks the 40th anniversary of Ireland’s joining the EU. Ireland became a member of what was then known as the European Economic Community on 1 January 1973. You are asked to take a photograph which highlights 40 years of Ireland’s EU membership. The deadline for receipt of entries is 5pm on Monday 19 November 2012. Contact any CSPE teacher for details.
- European Commission – Juvenes Translatores. (A competition to reward the best young translators in the European Union). If Europeans are to be “united in diversity”, as the EU’s own motto puts it, we need to be able to understand languages other than our own. Our Juvenes Translatores, translation contest, is aimed at all of you who have a thirst to learn foreign languages. Closing date for registration is 20th October 2012. Please see Ms. Connolly & Ms. Peavoy for more information.
- BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition 2013 takes place from Wednesday 9th to Saturday 12th January 2013 in the RDS. Interested students can contact Ms. O’Connor
- Gaisce – The President’s Award is Ireland’s National Challenge Award for young people. It is a challenge from the President of Ireland to the young people of Ireland to set and achieve personal challenges. Further information available from Mr Sexton
- Show Racism the Red Card. Use your creativity to produce a written, visual or audio visual piece. Details obtained from Ms. Hughes or www.theredcard.ie/competition.php
- Student Enterprise Awards 2012/2013 encourages students to set up innovative business with their classmates, as part of a nationwide competition. Contact any teacher in the Business Department for further details.
- Junior Dragons’ Den – where young ideas and inventions have the chance to make it big. Appication forms available online at: www.bankofireland.com/dragons or from any Business teacher. Closing date for applications is 31st October 2012.
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Ernst & Young encourage participation in the NFTE Entrepreneurship Education Programme. Details posted here as they become available 26th Irish Maths Olympiad takes place in two rounds. Round 1 will take place during November 2012. More details about this contest will be posted here as they become available.
- All Ireland Schools Talent Search competition in aid of childline is now underway. Heats start nationwide in early October. RTE Television will be screening the National Final from the Helix Theatre in Dublin. Closing Date is Friday 21st September 2012. Further details can be obtained from Mr. Tully.