1st Years 2020/2021
We would like to welcome our new first years to Coolmine Community School and hope that they are all looking forward to starting with us on Friday the 4th of September. Full details of the day are available below.
1st Years Orientation – Friday 4th September 2020
- 9.25-10.45am: Covid 19 Training
- 10.45-12.05pm: Orientation
- Arrive at the school no earlier than 9.10am and go directly to the room assigned to your son/daughter (which will be sent by text before Friday). There will be plenty of staff and student mentors to welcome students and direct them to their rooms.
- Wear full school uniform (not PE uniform).
- Bring school bag, 1 copy and a pen.
- Bring a drink if required, no food necessary.
- Bring mobile phone (if a student does not have a phone we will send the instructions for our online learning platform home with them).
- Wear a face mask.
- Bring small hand sanitiser if available.
- School journal and timetable will be available on the day.
- Students should not arrive at school before 9.10am and leave promptly at 12.05pm.
We know that starting secondary school is a big change for our new students, so we have put together some resources and activities that will hopefully answer some questions they may have and support them in feeling connected to our school.
Well done to all of our new 1st Years for their contributions to the Art Project, ‘Changes in my World’. Please enjoy all of the great creations in the video below: