Teicneolaíocht Ábhar (Adhmad)
The study of Wood Technology at Junior Cycle aims to:
- enable students to develop the necessary conceptual understanding, disciplinary skills and subject knowledge to design and create artefacts of value
- empower students through designing and making, whilst developing an awareness of sustainability and the use of natural resources
- develop a range of core design skills and relevant manipulation skills through modelling and processing wood and other materials
- develop the confidence and resilience of students through engagement with the uncertainty of design challenges
- encourage students’ innovation and creativity through recognition and appreciation of their capacity to design and create.
This syllabus is for first, second and third year students. Please read the document below to get more detailed information or alternatively please visit the following website: