Child Protection Policy
Designated Liaison Person
Ms. P. McPhillips (Principal)
Deputy Designated Liaison Person
Mr. F. Walsh (Deputy Principal)
- A revised version of ‘Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children’ was published on October 11th 2017 and became operational on December 11th 2017.
- Following consultations between the Department of Education and Skills, organisations representing school management, parents and teachers, the Department of Children and Youth Affairs and Tusla, the Child and Family Agency, new “Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools 2017” have been developed and published.
- The new procedures take account of the Children First Act, 2015 and the “Children First: National Guidance for the Protection and Welfare of Children” published by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in 2017.
- The Board of Management has adopted and will implement fully these procedures as part of its overall child protection policy.
- The Designated Liaison Person for Child Protection issues in Coolmine Community School is Ms. Patricia McPhillips (Principal).
- The Deputy Designated Liaison Person for Child Protection issues in Coolmine Community School is Mr. Fergal Walsh (Deputy Principal).
Children First National Guidance 2017 Child Protection Guidelines 2017 Child Safeguarding Statement Ratified by B.O.M. 06.03.18 Notification of BOM review: Child Safeguarding Statement (276 downloads) Child Safeguarding Risk Assessment (242 downloads)
A copy of the child safeguarding statement is available to parents on request from the front office.
Children First E-Learning Programme is available here. The programme has been written to support people of all backgrounds and experience in recognising concerns about children and reporting such concerns if they arise.