- Parents’ Association email: email@example.com
- Book Rental email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: The Secretary, Coolmine CS Parents’ Association, Coolmine CS, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
- facilitate and encourage the participation by parents in the life of the school
- safeguard the rights and the legitimate aspirations and interests of parents and students.
- foster and promote an awareness and knowledge of education and of other issues relating to students among the parents.
- organise the collective support of the parents for the activities of the school and to support and provide assistance to the staff of the school.
- promote the development of the school as a focus of educational, social and cultural activity within the community.
Book Rental Information
- email email@example.com
Payments for book rental can be made here:Book Rental Payments
Debutante Ball 2021
Further Education and Training – More than you might think – The many paths for Leaving Certs
With so much uncertainty over the past number of months, it has been very challenging for any young person trying to make decisions which determine their future.
And, there are so many options to choose from – what career or course to pursue. Where they might like to study or train? What kind of educational route offers the best progression in the field of study they choose?
Further education and training (FET) and the opportunities for students, is sometimes overlooked. But, the breadth of courses and progression routes in the FET sector is huge! Click on the following link for more information:
- Jigsaw is a service in Dublin 15 that provides vital supports to young people surrounding their mental health.
- Visit http://www.jigsaw.ie for information and contact our local Jigsaw by dropping them an email, or giving them a call.
Telephone:01 890 5810
Free online talks for parents – supporting your children’s and teenagers mental health during the Covid crisis
As the events listed in last couple of newsletters filled up so quickly, I will be giving two further free online workshops in the coming weeks. The workshops will focus on two age-groups of children – one for parents of 2-12 year olds and one for parents of 13-18 year olds.
During the talks, I will provide some practical principles on how you can cultivate your children and teenager’s well-being and resilience in the face of the Covid-19 crisis. Details and links are below.
Supporting your Child’s Mental Health during the Covid crisis
A free workshop with John Sharry for parents of children aged 2 to 12 years
Monday 8th March 2021 (7-8pm online via Zoom)
Supporting your Teenager’s Mental Health during the Covid crisis
A free workshop with John Sharry for parents of children aged 13 to 18 years
Monday 15th March 2021 (7-8pm online via Zoom)
Further information and bookings are available on the website here.
- The Coolmine CS school uniform can be ordered online from Grants at the following link: Coolmine uniform online orders
- The Coolmine CS PE tracksuit is available from K Sport
- Parent-News-Christmas-2020.pdf (34 downloads)
- Parent-News-Christmas-2019.pdf (114 downloads)
- Parent-News-Summer-2019.pdf (90 downloads)
- Parent-News-Easter-2019 (81 downloads)
Useful links and information
Coolmine Parents Association Members 2020 / 2021
- Janet Mitten ( Chairperson)
- Hilary Sweeney (Vice Chair)
- Paola Visciano (Secretary)
- Dermot O’Mara (Treasurer, BoM, Book Rental coordinator)
- Dermot FitzPatrick (Vice Treasurer)
- Dermot Kinane ( Newsletter)
- Orla McCormack (Book Rental sub committee)
- Linda Osborne (Debs)
- Niamh Glynn (Book Rental sub committee)
- Mary Conneely (Communications
- Tracy Byrne (BoM)
- Arthur Centore (Uniform sub committee)
- Glen Phelan (Uniform sub committee)
- Gillian Douglas (PACCS)
- Larissa Norton ( Parents talks)
- Paul Mc Shane (Book Rental sub committee)
- Brenda Colohan (Book Rental sub committee)
- Emer Burke (Book Rental sub committee)
- Selina Bonnie
- Tai Popoola
- Denise Mooney
- Valerie Mc Allorum Byrne
- Karen Curtis